Monday, February 22, 2016

Online Reputation

Well now that I feel like a super big creeper, let me tell you about the online reputation of Mikala Linhardt. So here is the story of the initial search of Mikala, so I spelled her name wrong at fist (I missed the "d" in her last name) and I thought that there was nothing, so then I hop on my facebook and find her and notice that we have five mutual friends (whoop whoop!) and that I spelled her name wrong. So once I got the right spelling the search was great! But! I still found two results where her name was spelled wrong. I know that they are her because later in my search I found out that Mikala is a JComm student, who went to Snow (I went to Snow too!), and the link with her name spelled wrong was an article that she wrote for the Snowdrift (where I was an editor a year later, because I would not have let her name be spelled wrong).The first picture to pop up was indeed Mikala! If is a cute picture with someone who looks like she is very close with her in front of a temple somewhere? Super cute pic! The next one was of her as well, this one was somewhere in South America so I assume that she like to travel?
 
The first link that I came across was her twitter page, which linked right to her page. Some common themes that I noticed was the posts for this class, #socmeddiscuss! As well as a lot of posts for #jcom2010 which I would also assume is a class that she has to post for. Beyond that it seems like Mikala has great friends and roommates that she expresses gratitude for and gives shout outs to, which is super nice.
The next link was Mikala's Pinterest, which looked wonderful! But what is notable about this is that once I saw her Pinterest and went back to do some more stalking the rest of the images that immediately pop up when I searched her were from her Pinterest boards. After that was an instagram account link, but sadly it is private so I had to follow Mikala in order to see what she posted. #notcreepyatall
Here are the two things that I found that were the weirdest for me to see, I saw that Mikala has recently (Jan. 8th 2016 to be specific) was pulled over/charged with something having to do with a faulty vehicle. Now, I genuinely hope that this is some other Mikala Lindhardt from Manti, UT but I find that hard to believe. This was the 5th link down when searching her name and Utah. But this public record gives access to her address and everything, which is why I am not providing a link, on top of the fact that I am not completely sure if it is her or not. Lastly, I now know that Mikala played volleyball in high school. This isn't too creepy, but it is still weird that this comes up in some of the top searches considering that she is clearly out of high school and the records are from 2011 or earlier.
Overall, Mikala's online reputation is pretty stellar. I think that there is no bad things that are found in top searches, and overall people would think that Mikala is a religious (temple pics, pics with the B.o.M.), crafty/in-style (Pinterest), funny (Twitter), educated (FB and Twitter), cute girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment